NZ Arms Acts and Regulations
- NZ Arms Regulations 1992
- Arms (Military Style Semi-automatic Firearms and Import Controls) Amendment Act 2012
- Arms (Prohibited Firearms, Magazines and Parts) Amendment Act 2019
- Arms Legislation Act 2020
- Police Firearms Application forms
- Secure Storage Information
Please be aware that as of November 2020, the older Police Application forms have now been replaced with updated online forms. Please use these in all applications and paperwork sent to Pistol New Zealand. (See link above)
Firearms Approved for use in New Zealand
Firearms Community Advisory Forum Minutes
New Zealand Police has established a Firearms Community Advisory Forum to act in a consultative and advisory capacity to Police.
The purpose of the Forum is to:
- provide a formal mechanism for representatives from the firearms community to input to the Police on policy relating to the Arms Act 1983 or the Arms Regulations 1992; and
- review and make recommendations for consideration by Police on firearms-related matters.
Membership of the Forum comprises both Police employees and non-Police employees. The non-Police members were selected for their:
- broad skills, knowledge and understanding of firearms and issues/legislation relating to firearms
- relevant practical experience and networks within the firearms community
- ability to represent a diversity of perspectives within the firearms community
- personal attributes and ability to work constructively with, and make a contribution to the Forum
- being a representative of an incorporated group (who can represent the views of the group rather than their individual view).
Minutes from each meeting can be seen by going to the link below on the NZ Police website.
Links to Bullshooter Edition 269 (February 2021) Arms Regulations.