Welcome to the Club Services Page
This page is the Club Executives ‘Administration Manual’. It contains information a clubs executive (President, Secretary and Treasurer) should read and be familiar with.
- Club Administration information contained in these pages includes:
- Club Manual (How to Run a Club)
- Annual Club Administration Information
- PNZ Forms for Club Use
- Reference Material
- Administration Supplies
- Key Annual PNZ Dates
Club Manual (How to Run a Club)
- Club Manual (Updated July 25th 2021)
This manual was developed as a guide to help member clubs with the roles and responsibilities of key positions within a clubs executive, plus management guides to help run a club effectively.
- Privacy of Information held by member clubs (Added October 2020)
- How a Club is Incorporated (Updated August 2020)
- Pistol New Zealand Responsibilities (Updated August 2020)
Annual Club Administration Information
Club Annual Return to Police (Form updated May 2022) PLUS Optional Club Police Returns Excel Spreadsheet Template (Added May 2022)
The Police/PNZ LOA (“Relationship Police/NZPA”) and Arms Legislation Act 2020 (Section 38K) requires that each club sends its local Arms Officer an annual update each year. The form above was created to help with this process and indicates what information is required to be sent.
Annual Return (PNZ and Companies Office) Information for a Club Secretary (Updated August 2020)
The Annual returns to both the Companies Office and Pistol New Zealand are explained in this document
PNZ Forms for Club Use
- Meritorius Award Application Form
- Club Transfer Form
- Shooter Activity Diary (Attendances Form) A4
- Shooter Activity Diary (Attendance Form) 2 x A5
- Club Constitution (Updated May 2017) – Word Version available from the PNZ XO
This document if a draft created by PNZ using the current requirements for incorporation by the Companies Office and includes updates required by the Police and suggested additions based on recent new club applications.
- Club Draft Rules (Updated January 2021) – Word Version available from the PNZ XO
This is a set of Draft Club Rules that can be amended and used as you see fit and are based on current best practice used in clubs.
Key Annual PNZ Dates
That all Club Secretaries should be aware of:
These are sent out in early May each year:
- Notice of Motion and remit sheets – 30th June
- Nominations for PNZ Council – 30th June
- Merit awards nomination sheet – 30th June
- Club membership list and membership registration sheet – 25th July
- Club administration return sheet – 25th July
- Other Key Dates (Police Required Reports):
- Last date before PNZ sends in the B Cat defaulters list to the Police – 20th October
- Bullshooter articles need to be with the PNZ Executive Officer by the 25th of January/March/May/July/September/November.
- For further detail contact the PNZ Executive Officer