Welcome to the Club Services Page
This page is the Club Executives ‘Administration Manual’. It contains information a club’s executive (President, Secretary, and Treasurer) should read and be familiar with.
- Club Administration information contained in these pages includes:
- Club Manual (How to Run a Club)
- Annual Club Administration Information
- PNZ Forms for Club Use
- Reference Material
- Administration Supplies
- Key Annual Dates
Club Manual (How to Run a Club)
- Club Manual (Updated July 25th 2021)
This manual was developed as a guide to help member clubs with the roles and responsibilities of key positions within a club’s executive, plus management guides to help run a club effectively.
- Privacy of Information held by member clubs (Added October 2020)
- How a Club is Incorporated (Updated January 2023)
- Pistol New Zealand Responsibilities (Updated August 2020)
Annual Club Administration Information
Club Annual Return to Police (Form updated May 2022) PLUS Optional Club Police Returns Excel Spreadsheet Template (Added May 2022)
The Police/PNZ LOA (“Relationship Police/NZPA”) and Arms Legislation Act 2020 (Section 38K) requires that each club sends its local Arms Officer an annual update each year. The form above was created to help with this process and indicates what information is required to be sent.
Annual Return (PNZ and Companies Office) Information for a Club Secretary (Updated May 2022)
The Annual returns to both the Companies Office and Pistol New Zealand are explained in this document
PNZ Forms for Club Use
- Meritorious Award Application Form
- Club Transfer Form
- Club Discipline of Members Guide (Guide for dealing with Club discipline matters)
- Incident Report Form
This form should be used to investigate any incident which requires medical attention on the range or at a medical facility. A copy should be placed in the club’s First Aid Kit.
- Club Constitution (Updated May 2017) – Word Version available from the PNZ XO
This document if a draft created by PNZ using the current requirements for incorporation by the Companies Office and includes updates required by the Police and suggested additions based on recent new club applications.
- Club Draft Rules (Updated January 2021) – Word Version available from the PNZ XO
This is a set of Draft Club Rules that can be amended and used as you see fit and are based on current best practice used in clubs.
Note: These templates will be reviewed soon in light of the 2022 Incorporated Societies Act. The Regulations of this act will not be in force till later in 2023.
Key Annual Dates
That all Club Secretaries should be aware of:
PNZ Annual Returns
These are sent out in early May each year:
- Notice of Motion and remit sheets – 30th June
- Nominations for PNZ Council – 30th June
- Merit awards nomination sheet – 30th June
- Club membership list and membership registration sheet – 25th July
- Club administration return sheet – 25th July
- Other Key Dates (Police Required Reports):
- Last date before PNZ sends in the B Cat defaulters list to the Police – 20th October
Police Annual Returns
- These must be sent to the Police at the email: [email protected], no later than 5 months AFTER the end of the CLUBS financial year
- The Police annual activities lists must be sen to the Police at: [email protected], no later than the 28th of July. The activities year for ALL clubs is the 1st of July to the 30th of June annually.
- Bullshooter articles need to be with the PNZ Executive Officer by the 25th of January/March/May/July/September/November.
- For further detail contact the PNZ Executive Officer